2018年1月11日 星期四

Project64 Legacy Open Beta

N64模擬器 Project64 Legacy 釋出BETA版,目前已經不須註冊就能下載,原文如下 :

Thanks and sorry for the wait on that!
I realize this would have been a lot more relevant all those years ago but things happened that were out of my control.

I mainly came on here to answer some posts from reddit but I was pleasantly surprised to see a comment from someone!
So thanks for making my day on that


I will answer a bit more on what PJ64 1.6.1 Legacy is and was.
This was supposed to be a side-by-side release with Jabo's plugins, an improvement of support for games and fixes for the GUI that were never addressed.
He didn't agree where the project was going -- He's very protective of Zilmar's work and pretty much lost it when I started hacking away at things.
(Yes Jabo, this is clearly what I recall and I doubt very much it's what happened. If memory serves you just wanted to leave things in a finished state. However, like you well know, my perception of reality is 'better'  )

Most of the recent work I did would have been more relevant back when SSDs were not commonplace (Try loading the entire rom set on a classic mechanical drive and you'll see a difference from 1.6, I can't comment on 2.x as I don't use that version).
So what this is mainly aimed at being is 1.6 with a bit of polish, game fixes, and a more responsive user interface.
There's still quite a bit of work I will be doing to update the way PJ64 feels, it simply hasn't aged well.

For what is provided, that's a simple zip file.
There are no installers whatsoever.
The exe is compressed with Free UPX.
You should be able to download it WITHOUT registering (If you cannot, let me know but I've tried it out myself as a guest just now).

If you are more than happy using the latest PJ64 2.x stick with it, it's likely more updated and runs better.
If you find yourself using 1.6 for whatever reason then this is aimed at you, as a possible replacement.

The name was chosen because I felt PJ64's "Legacy" had been tarnished and as a long-time user and beta tester that was unacceptable to me.
So those of you who are interested.
Fantastic.
Please help me make this better by providing feedback.
Please let me know what you want that will make things better.

By the way, I've told Azimer, Icepir8, Gent, and Witten to drag me out back and shoot me if I ever start talking the crazy talk
And there went my morning


沒有留言:

張貼留言